Our team is always working hard to make the LayerCI experience better for our users. Here are some of the changes that we made in the month of May 2021:
New to LayerCI
- Ability to resize terminals.
- Automatically issue DNS certificates for auto-wildcarding.
- Add DEPLOYMENT_HOST as a value inside of BUILD ENV: If a deployment exists for the run, DEPLOYMENT_HOST will tell a webserver where it is being hosted.
- Link jobs to pull requests, even if they are caused by regular commit pushes: LAYERCI_PULL_REQUEST inside of BUILD ENV will exist if a pull request is open when the commit is pushed.
- Add a link to commit if repoUrl exists in the database: clicking on the branch name will now take you to Github, Gitlab, or Bitbucket as applicable.
- Integration documentation for Coveralls, Cypress, Doppler, Ghost Inspector, and ConfigCat.
- Slack integration in Beta.
- Self-serve payment in Beta.
- LayerCI synthwave coding mix.
Improved user experiences
- ‘Connect to staging’ flow: now when re-running a Layerfile to spin up a staging environment from the staging server error page, it automatically connects to the staging terminal and brings up a loading spinner while it connects.
- Add sign in option on error page when not logged into an organization “no such organization”
- Missing secret notification message.
- Allow RUN BACKGROUND instructions to print to runner view - users can now see logs for RUN BACKGROUND instructions from loaded snapshots.
- Update deployment documentation to provide a step-by-step explanation of setup and additional information on subdomains within deployments.
- Miscellaneous performance fixes (snapshot retention, deployment logic, stability).
- Bitbucket fixes.
- Landing page fixes.
Events during May
- LayerCI code review automation: Want to learn how to effectively use LayerCI to streamline your team's code reviews? Learn more and see a demo in the video below:
- Doppler + LayerCI secret management at scale: Want to learn the fundamentals and benefits of Secrets Management in engineering organizations? Learn about this and how to use Doppler with your LayerCI pipeline in the video below: