Hello 2021! Welcome to LayerCI's first engineering meetup in the new year, where we bring together awesome developers to chat about top of mind topics based on their experiences.
Watch the full recording on-demand below:
2:10 for speaker intros what they're each building
5:50 for Topic 1 Technical debt discussion
22:42 for Topic 2 What is a good developer - hiring, what to look for
51:18 question from audience: What are the key qualities of a software team lead?
57:59 question from audience: How do you determine product vision?
1:02 for Topic 3 final thoughts on being a good engineering leader
About this event: This engineering meetup was all about being a “good developer” specific to the type of engineering organization you’re contributing to (startups, growth stage, enterprise). We got to hear from the following people:
1. Ahmad Nassri - Co-founder of Cor.dev, a software development company and ex-CTO of npm
2. Kyle Campbell - CEO and founder of CTO.ai, a serverless, low code DevOps platform made to be "easy to use like Heroku, powerful like Kubernetes"
3. Sanket Saurav - Co-founder of DeepSource, a static analysis platform for developers
4. Colin Chartier - CEO and co-founder of LayerCI, a DevOps platform that creates cloud-based staging servers that act like and replace CI
1. Technical debt - what are some common mistakes developer teams make at each level of development? (startups, growth stage, enterprise)
2. Hiring great developers - where do you hire, who do you hire? How do you retain good engineers? How do you know someone's ready to be a software team lead?
3. Being a good engineering leader, some key takeaways.